By Dom Antoin-Josef Pernety
Translated by Joseph Zabinski
Book design by Joseph Uccello
Sewn hard-cover with printed dust jacket (not pictured.
352 pages, over 80 illustrations, ( 4o ) 7.5” x 10”
- Classic reference work, hundreds of entries
- Illustrated with emblems and engravings
- Bibliographic details and footnotes
- Cross-references and wayfinding typography
- Quality bookmaking for beauty and longevity
Written 1758 the Mytho-Hermetic Dictionary defines the most obscure of terms, substances and concepts employed by the enigmatic authors of the alchemical texts. Its entries unlock the Hermetic mysteries veiled by the motifs, allegories and symbols of the classical myths as well as making clear what substances are implied by the terms expressed by the Language of the Birds.
In addition to the comprehensive entries, the Mytho-Hermetic Dictionary is a treasure-house of classical and alchemical imagery, containing over 80 illustrations in the text and featuring the symbols, signs and iconography of the art.